Follow up to: The 2011 NaNoWriMo Experiment
It’s finally over.
I’ve done it.
I’ve completed and won NaNoWriMo. The 2011 NaNoWriMo Experiment is over, with hard-won and hard-fought victory. Those lost hours of sleep were possibly worth it.
I thought about using my last post in NaNoWriMo to write a complete reflection of how the experience went. But I only have 50 minutes left until this essay is “due” — when midnight strikes and my pumpkin carriage goes away. So instead of speeding through the essay trying to write as fast as possible, producing things like “Ask Peter #22: NaNoWriMo Edition”, I want to take some time to calm down, reflect, and actually articulate a well-written and thought out essay.
I want to take my time. …And I want to study for my upcoming exams and get some well needed sleep.
Needless to say, the reflection will be forthcoming in the next week, as I return the site to normal. I’ll also go back through my essays and clean up some typos, add pictures to essays where I didn’t have time to include them, and respond to comments.
Until then, Happy December, everyone. Enjoy your 50000 words and 30 essays for the month of November. You have a lot of reading to do if you want to be my loyal fan. In chronological order:
- Birds Are Dinosaurs, But Pluto Isn’t a Planet, Part I
- Birds Are Dinosaurs, But Pluto Isn’t a Planet, Part II
- Birds Are Dinosaurs, But Pluto Isn’t a Planet, Part III
- The Meaning of Ought, Part I
- Weekly Link Roundup #13
- The Meaning of Ought, Part II
- The “Why Do We Care?” Test
- The True Fear of Being Wrong
- God, Babies, Hell, and Justice
- The Curious Case of Detached Value
- The Meaning of Ought, Part III
- Weekly Link Roundup #14
- The Spectre of Scientism
- Clarifying Comments on Ought, Part I
- Clarifying Comments on Ought, Part II
- My NaNoWriMo Dilemma
- Identity Confusion as Definition Confusion, Part I
- Identity Confusion as Definition Confusion, Part II
- Weekly Link Roundup #15
- Rating Presidential Candidates by the Politifact Heuristic
- The Metaphysics Dilemma
- Making the Question Go Away
- There Are No Religious Facts
- Moving Forward to NaNoWriMo (Guest post by Emily Matthews)
- Proving God Through Cosmology?
- The Biblical God is a Malevolent Bully, Part I
- Weekly Link Roundup #16
- The Biblical God is a Malevolent Bully, Part II
- Ask Peter #22: NaNoWriMo Edition
- The End of a NaNoWriMo
I now blog at EverydayUtilitarian.com. I hope you'll join me at my new blog! This page has been left as an archive.